Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's Funny..A Scottish Teenager, Ryan Kitching, Finds Winning Lottery Ticket After Mother Tells Him To Clean His Room..There is always luck in Cleaning jobs...LOL

Scottish Teenager, Ryan Kitching, Finds Winning Lottery Ticket After Mother Tells Him To Clean His Room...


There is always luck in Cleaning jobs...LOL...Go and Clean your house after reading this... :)


Source 1 
Count Ryan Kitching as the one teenager who will never again complain about having to clean his room.

When the 19-year-old from Midlothian, Scotland, succumbed to his mom’s nagging to clean out his bedroom in his parent’s home last month, he found not only dirty laundry and food crumbs but 12 old lottery tickets buried among the piles.

One of them, it turned out, was a winner that made Kitching, a part-time supermarket worker, $83,781 richer.

“It would take me four or five years to earn this amount of money, and now I’ve got it all at once,” Kitching told the  London newspaper The Telegraph.  “I am totally speechless – it was the happiest day of my life easily.”

Kitching  told the paper he was about to throw the tickets away in the throes of his cleaning spree when he got a “strange feeling” that he should keep them instead.
He took the tickets to the Tesco supermarket, where both he and his mom, Susan, work and had a co-worker check the numbers.  After the co-worker began shouting that he thought Kitching had “a big winner,” Kitching called the lottery operator, Camelot, to confirm his prize.

“I was over the moon,” he said.  “Next time she [his mom] nags me to tidy my room, I won’t need telling twice.”

That should be music to the ears of his mom, considering what she said it took for her to get him to clean his room in the first place.
“I’d be  nagging him for weeks to clean his room,” she told the Telegraph.  “Hopefully, he’ll listen to me next time.”

Kitching is already paying it forward with his prize, promising to take his mom and dad on a vacation, and taking their advice to put money down on a home as well.
Also benefiting from Kitching’s clean room is his 16-year-old brother, Sean, whom Kitching says will get a new car.


Source 2 
There's a good reason to listen to your mother when she tells you to clean your bedroom -- you never know what you might find hidden in there. 

After being ordered to clean his messy room, 19-year-old Ryan Kitching of Midlothian, Scotland, discovered 12 old, unchecked lottery tickets, and one won him £52,981 (approximately, $83,900 USD). 

"My mum had been nagging me for weeks to tidy my room so I started cleaning and found a pile of old tickets," he told the Telegraph, adding he was about to throw them out, but had a strange feeling he should check the numbers. Kitching checked the tickets at the supermarket where he works and discovered he'd been sitting on a winning ticket for nearly a month. 

"I am totally speechless -- it was the happiest day of my life easily," he said. "Next time she nags me to tidy my room I won't need telling twice." 

The teen joked that his father had been playing the lottery for years and never won more than £50 ($79 USD), so he's jealous of his son's big win. 

"[My dad] wants me to put the deposit down on some property, then maybe rent it out," he told the Mirror. "But I don't want to move out just yet. I still get my tea cooked here."
He may not be planning of moving out of his parents house yet, but Kitching has a few ideas of what he'll do with his winnings, which he said would take him four or five years to earn at his job. 

Kitching told the Telegraph he plans to help his young brother, Sean, 16, buy a car and he wants to treat his parents to a vacation. 

The cash is also some consolation for the teenager who told the Mirror he was recently dumped by his girlfriend. "She'll be sad she finished with me now," he said. "At least I'll be able to enjoy the money for myself now and treat myself, for a change."




Source 3
As Ryan cleared up the mess, he came across the ticket he had bought from the Tesco store in Penicuik where he works behind the fish counter.

His first instinct was to throw it away: 'But then I thought, "I'm taking my mum shopping anyway - I'll get the numbers checked, it will do no harm.'"

He left the ticket at the store's kiosk to get it checked and, as he walked away, a friend shouted after him, saying he had 'won big'.

He said: 'I had to phone up Camelot and the woman was asking me lots of questions, and I just wanted her to get to the point.

'When I gave her the last number of the serial code, she said I had won £52,981. I just couldn't believe it.'

Ryan is still torn about what to do with his winnings. He has been enjoying nights out with his friends and is considering a 'lads' holiday' to Magaluf. 

But his father has been doing some nagging of his own, suggesting more responsible ways of investing the cash: 'He's been playing the lottery since it started and has never won more than £50, so he's raging. He wants me to put the deposit down on some property, then maybe rent it out. 
'But I don't want to move out  just yet - I still get my tea cooked here.'
Ryan revealed that the money will also be some consolation after he was dumped recently by his girlfriend. 

He said: 'She'll be sad she finished with me now but I'm glad. At least I'll be able to enjoy the money for myself now and treat myself, for a change.'
He has no plans to quit his job or stop his work with charity First Response, which trains volunteers to provide emergency medical aid.

'It's a great charity and I'm planning on donating some of the winnings to them,' he said.

Source 4
Teen told to clean his room finds winning lotto ticket
A teenager in Scotland who was told to clean his room last month discovered more than just dirty socks: He found 12 lottery tickets, among them, a winner.

STV in Scotland reported that after his mother nagged him for weeks, Ryan Kitchin, of Penicuik, discovered the stub but didn’t know he had picked a lucky combination of five numbers and the bonus ball for the Feb. 8 draw.

"I was about to bin them but at the last minute I got this strange feeling that I should get them checked,” Kitchin, 19, told the Telegraph of London.

Instead, he brought the tickets to Tesco, the supermarket store where he works part time.
At work, a colleague checked the numbers and named him a winner -- although Kitchin couldn’t tell how much he was about to pocket. A call to the lottery operator Camelot revealed that he won £52,981, or $83,781.

“I had to phone up Camelot and the woman was asking me lots of questions, and I just wanted her to get to the point,” he said, according to the Mirror. “When I gave her the last number of the serial code, she said I had won £52,981. I just couldn't believe it.”

Kitchin’s plans? To pay off his car loan and take his mom on a much-needed vacation.

Links
Source 1
Source 2 
Source 3 
Source 4

Similar Funny news: "Street Cleaner finds £21000 Rolex watch down a drain"

Welcome to Funnyfacebookcom! Your destination for anything Funny. Find Funny Jokes , Funny News , Funny Pictures ,Funny Images, Funny Videos, Funny picture quotes, Funny picture of the day, Funny pictures with captions, Funny styles, Funny Clips, Funny Stuff, Crazy Videos, Funny musics and Funny sounds, Funny Animation, Funny adults only pics, Funny Creativity pics , Funny ideas and Tips of the dayIllusion hidden pics Funny place for funniest things, funny gifs, funny comics, funny movies, funny youtube videos, Interesting and Beautiful pictures, Very Creative and Funny Photoshopped Images, Amazing Photos, Funny Cute Interesting Pictures and Illusions, Crazy and Funny Photos, Interesting Optical Illusion Pictures, Damn Cool Pictures, laugh Pictures, laugh Images, laugh Photos, pics that make you laugh, Extreme Funny Humor pics, humor jokes, humor quotes, humor clothing,humor meanings, lol jokes, lol pics and lol images with all Fun and fun only..